This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Monday, August 01, 2005

Shipwreck Casserole RECIPE



I tried a new recipe today and it was yummy. It's a messy casserole (and maybe looks unappetizing) but it was easy to make and has good flavor (and a great name). There are many possible variations to this recipe that I'd like to try (use your imagination!).

Shipwreck Casserole

1 lb ground beef
2 md potatoes, sliced
1 sm onion, sliced
1 (15 oz) can pork & beans
1 (14.75 oz) can creamed corn
1 (10.75 oz) can tomato soup
salt, pepper & other seasonings (seasoned salt, oregano, etc) to taste
1-2 c. grated cheddar cheese

Brown beef and crumble; drain off grease and season with salt & pepper. Spray a 3-qt baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange sliced potatoes in dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper & desired seasonings. Put a layer of onions, then beef, then creamed corn and then pork & beans; repeat. Spoon tomato soup over top and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Add cheese and bake for a few minutes more until cheese is melted.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home