This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Monday, July 25, 2005

R E C O V E R Y

At my church (The Life Connection) Co-Pastor Brent Sharpe and his wife Janis have been doing a series on the steps to recovery (recovery from whatever....be it addictions, failures or painful experiences). They came up with the acrostic below and elaborated on each point, with each point inspired from the listed verse. If you really meditate on these and do them, they are powerful! You can even do a study on each one and find more verses to go along with it. Let me know if you do any of that and what verses you find.

Realize that I am not God; I admit that I am powerless to control my tendency to do the wrong thing and my life is unmanageable on my own - Matthew 5:3

Earnestly believe that God exists, that I matter to Him and that He has the power to help me recover - Matthew 5:4

Consciously choose to commit all my life and will to Christ's care and control - Matthew 5:5

Openly examine and confess my faults to God, to myself and to someone I trust - Matthew 5:8

Voluntarily submit to every change God wants to make in my life and humbly ask Him to remove my character defects - Matthew 5:6

Evaluate all relationships, offer forgiveness to those that have hurt me and make amends for harm I've done (except when to do so would harm them or others) - Matthew 5:9

Reserve daily time with God for self-examination, Bible reading and prayer in order to know God and His Will for my life and gain power to do it - Mark 14:38

Yield myself to God to be used to bring good news to others by both my example and my words - 1 John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home