This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Creatures of Habit

We certainly are creatures of habit, aren't we? The people at my work and in my apartment complex generally park in the same spots. On the rare occassion that someone deviates from the norm, things get a little crazy. It starts a whole chain reaction, haha. One day, the guys at work didn't think the receptionist was in because she parked her car a few parking spaces over and they totally didn't notice it there. They only saw that it was NOT where it usually was so they assumed that she was gone...until they saw her at her desk and even then they asked if her car was in the shop or something.

When I go out to eat, I generally go to only a few places and I usually get the same meal because that is what I was craving and what drove me to that restaurant to begin with. Very rarely do I want to take the risk of trying out a new place because I might not have a satisfying meal or enjoyable experience and might feel like I wasted my money.

Speaking of food cravings, Craig and I went to Sonic yesterday for dinner because it was right by where we were shopping and we didn't have much time before we had to be at a going away party for a friend. I really wanted a frito pie but we found out that they don't offer them any more. What the heck? It took me awhile to decide what else to eat because I was really craving a frito pie and wasn't hungry for anything else.

I ended up getting the popcorn chicken and had another food accident. Craig's hand and my hand bumped as we were both trying to throw some trash into the Sonic bag at the same time. The ketchup globs on the edge of the opened ketchup packet in my hand splattered on my new shirt and on my jeans. I was frustrated because I had already spilled on myself once that day, it was my new shirt (first time to wear it) and we weren't going home because we had to get straight to the party.

I hate it when restaurants take something off the menu that I really like. So disappointing! What's even worse is when the whole restaurant goes out of business and you had no warning so you couldn't enjoy one last meal there knowing that it was your last meal there. That happened to me with Rex's Family Restaurant. They had the best boneless bite-sized chicken ever! Seriously! I used to work there so I got to eat a lot of it and I also really enjoyed their side items. I was extremely crushed when all the Rex Restaurants in town suddenly closed years ago. I still haven't gotten over it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm constantly challenging myself to try new things. i've gone through my cigar phase, my beer phase, my wine phase... and have come out with a general idea of what i like, and don't like. i have my favorite type of beer, but tend to try something different once and awhile.

Right now... i'm on a kick with 'Dead Guy Ale'.

i don't feel as though my taste in cigars has really matured yet, though i have had the opportunity to learn what the 'fuss' is about over Cuban cigars. a friend of mine gave me a few to try, and i must say... they were the best i've had yet.

i guess we all handle change differently. my wife tends to resist change, while i tend to embrace it... though not always.

i figure that change towards growth is always painful... but always good, though it is tough to embrace pain.

my life is so chaotic at times, i've often considered what it was like for people who have thier lives all planned out... and how they manage the curve balls that are sometimes thrown at us... some of us more frequently than others.

perhaps that is why i never really understood why Christian parents tend to remove their children from the world... i guess not everyone turns out to be a prodigal son... but it just seems that there is so much character missing from some of the Christians i know. not that the integrity isn't there... but it certainly seems that they have a difficult time relating to the world because they've spent so much time separated from it. i would imagine these types of people have a difficult time with change after being sheltered for so long.

i probably went a little deeper here than first intended... certainly deeper than the original post... ;)

6/16/2005 8:48 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Yeah, sometimes I embrace change and sometimes I resist change...depends on what is changing (the personal growth changes are more of a struggle).

I enjoy moving to a new residence (even though it's a lot of work) because I love settling into a new place with a fresh start and making it my own...I like the change of environment. I like rearranging the furniture every once in awhile too because it's something different. Those are good and fun changes.

I hate starting a new job. It's awkward and you feel so lost for awhile not really knowing anyone or where anything is. It's really draining too. That is usually a good change, but difficult.

6/16/2005 10:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home