This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Exercise

I have been trying to work out regularly since October 2003 (I've missed a few weeks or months here and there but overall I'm doing well). Here is a list of the many DVD/video workouts that I have collected over the years and their lengths. I look at this and my workout calendar (which shows what I've done) when I'm discouraged and then I feel better because I actually do them all...I mix it up because I like the variety, as you can see....

Tony Horton:
Power 90 Set:
Sculpt: Circuit 1-2 - 45 min
Sculpt: Circuit 3-4 - 29 min
Sweat: Cardio 1-2 - 45 min
Sweat: Cardio 3-4 - 35 min
Power Half Hour Set:
Abs - 30 min
Thighs - 30 min
Arms - 30 min
Buns - 30 min
Stretch - 30 min

Debbie Siebers:
Slim Series Set:
Mix It Up - 60 min
Firm It Up - 60 min
Tone It Up - 60 min
Cool It Off - 60 min
Tear It Up - 80 min
Shape It Up - 80 min

Mari Winsor:
Pilates - 20 min
Max Burn Pilates - 20 min
Basic Pilates - 25 min
Resistance Pilates - 25 min
Advanced Pilates - 45 min
Accelerated Pilates - 50 min

Lizbeth Garcia:
Ball Pilates - 30 min

Suzanne Deason:
Yoga Conditioning for Women - 60 min

Denise Austin:
Shrink Your Female Fat Zones - 40 min

David Essel:
Step Aerobics - 40 min

I absolutely LOVE Debbie & Tony of www.beachbody.com! They kick butt and are both good looking! Tony is funny and Debbie is so nice (she makes you work so hard but you still love her). Debbie says when she really feels it burning she just laughs to help her make it through...that's how she deals with the rough stuff....so cute.

I bought the step for step aerobics in 2000 but it came with an outdated video. It's sooo hilarious because it's sooo late 80's/early 90's so the music is funny and their hair & outfits are to laugh at...seriously, the girls have their long hair pulled up into side ponytails and are wearing those really high cut fluorescent leotards over their black spandex shorts. David Essel is so happy and enthusiastic though...seems like a good guy.

Denise Austin is really popular but I'm so glad I didn't buy any more than 1 of her DVDs because she is quite annoying. Her voice is husky like a smoker's voice and she talks nonstop the entire time! She uses a lot of unnecessary words and I'm thinking "Please just shut up and show us what to do!" Her physical workout is good...she just ruins it overall by talking too much.

Mari Winsor is the only one that doesn't do the workout with you...she has like 5 girls and 1 guy doing it while she calls out the moves. Since she works with Hollywood stars I guess she's too good to get down and get dirty on DVD now. Nah, she probably has other DVDs where she's actually doing the work. Anyway, I like it when the instructor is actually doing it with you (the others I have do it and also have students in the background doing it with them...that's helpful).

The yoga video was filmed in Hawaii with the ocean in the background so it's quite relaxing. I don't do the video much because it's not really my thing right now--I hate holding the poses for that long and I'm not very flexible.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I saw that you wrote some stuff on exercising , I was wondering if you ever tried P90x, I heard it works great.

9/27/2007 4:07 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I have certainly thought about getting P90X but haven't yet. I'm sure it works great because it's their most extreme home fitness training system ever.

9/28/2007 12:09 AM

 
Blogger LisaOvercash said...

I see you mentioned the original step video with David Essel. I am desperately looking for that one. I've been using it for several years. I had copied my VHS to DVD and my DVD got scratched. I can't find my VHS to redo it. I bought the new DVD but it's a shorter version and I like the whole workout. Do you have any idea where I can get a copy of the original? If anybody wants to sell their's, I'll gladly buy it.

12/17/2008 8:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home