This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Governor's Square Mall

I spontaneously went to the mall today after dropping off Craig's laptop at the school for him. He had 2 classes back to back and wasn't coming home until after 10pm. I was hungry and craving Taco Bell again so I decided to just eat at the one in the food court and walk around the mall a bit for exercise. I went to Governor's Square Mall because it was kinda on the way home and I like that one better than the Tallahassee Mall, especially at night.



Remember me telling you about the minimal lighting inside that mall? Well, I took some pics for the heck of it. This time they had Christmas lights hanging from the ceiling. Very nice.



I like the windows that are all around above the stores. This is overlooking part of the food court:



It's nice to sit in the area with the round tables and trees (on the other side of the fountain in this pic) instead of the main food court area. Here is the largest fountain area (there are a few) and the performance stage near the food court:



This is a closeup of the lights around the mirrored section of the pole that I posted about earlier:



It happened to be pet picture day with Santa so I watched that for bit. I only saw dogs (no cats) sitting on Santa's lap. Some of the owners were in the pictures too, so I'm thinking it was a family photo to send out in a Christmas card.

Oh, about Taco Bell...I ordered a soft taco and a bean burrito and the guy said they were out of soft tacos. I laughed and said, "Really? How is that even possible?" I ALWAYS get a soft taco so I found it hard to believe that they couldn't serve me one (I consider that to be their main item). I ordered a side of nachos instead and they were tasty. I've decided it's a fine tuned skill to choose the correct amount of cheese for each chip so that you have no cheese left and no excess cheese once you run out of chips. It makes it even trickier that they give you a different amount of chips each time. Ha!

I wandered around the whole mall and into a few stores. I went in the Motherhood Maternity store and tried on some shirts. My belly seemed to be bulging even more than earlier today. That was probably just because I could see it so well because there was a mirror right in front of it and the dressing room was well lit. I ended up buying another t-shirt (I only have one maternity one from my first visit there a month ago) and a pregnancy workout DVD. Fun!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger longspider said...

Sounds like a fun "me" day at the mall! I hate when restaurants are out of thins, since I usually go to certain places specifically for a certain item. Yesterday, I went to Taco Bueno for their sour cream chilada platter and they were out of those! Irritating... so since they had regular chicken enchiladas on hand, what were they out of? The sauce? Hva?

12/08/2006 1:45 AM

 
Blogger carmilevy said...

I like the look of that mall. Typically, these kinds of spaces are difficult to photograph well because of the low-to-indifferent levels of ambient light. Yet you pulled it off with aplomb.

Followed your link here from Hanulf. Nice to e-meet you!

12/10/2006 7:39 PM

 
Blogger longspider said...

What's wrong with your comment counter, sista? It keeps showing "0" comments, but now you have at least 3. Hva skjer?

12/10/2006 11:00 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I have no idea what went wrong with the comment counter but it's fixed now--yeah!

1/14/2007 11:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home