This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Shopping while pregnant

I went to Governor's Square Mall yesterday to get my free $20 Discover gift card. The process was simple (show them my receipts totaling at least $200 and sign my name on a list indicating that I received a gift card) and I didn't have to wait in line. Yeah! Of course I browsed the mall next. Actually, I started by eating a chocolate chip cookie with frosting on it from the Great American Cookie Co. I love treating myself to that when shopping at the mall and I hadn't had one in a looooong time.

It's different shopping now that I'm pregnant (aside from the fact that I go to the bathroom about every hour). Most of the stores at the mall are clothing stores, but I can't wear normal clothes anymore so I have to skip a lot of stores while browsing. I did manage to find the tiny maternity section at JC Penney and ended up buying 3 necessary items (that were on sale!)--another pair of jeans (this pair has the panel that sits under the belly, my other pair has the panel that goes over the belly), a black long-sleeved shirt and a grey long-sleeved shirt.

The maternity/plus size dressing room was closed and locked so I had to find another one and it was clear across the store. I was a bit perturbed about that...of all the dressing rooms that should stay open, that is the one because it is more of a burden for the heavier ladies to walk far! I had to try a medium and large size of everything because I'm not sure which one would fit better so I had a heavy stack of clothes. Oy!

I also bought 2 Christmas candle holders and 2 oil warmers with some birthday money. The designs on the candle holders are more visible when the tealights are lit inside because then the shapes glow through. I love snowflakes and elephants so I was very happy to find these! The elephant oil warmer is the cutest ever!





Once it was dark outside I realized that the mall looks really neat inside in the evenings. The lighting is minimal so it was mostly dark overhead (way up in the rafters) with the glow from the stores all around. There were only a few small bulbs for the overhead lighting and the rest of the lighting was comprised of small bulbs arranged in 3 rows around a mirrored section high up on the supporting poles. Very nifty!

I found out that at this mall you can take your pet to get a picture on Santa's lap. How funny is that? They say since your pet is part of the family, why not? I'd like to see how that goes down. I know Minga wouldn't sit still! She'd probably pull Santa's beard off!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home