This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

A nice evening at home

Tonight I put together a quick dinner I've never made before--General Tso's Chicken (frozen breaded chicken bites with ginger/garlic sauce packet...from Sam's, I think) with brown rice and stir-fried broccoli & cauliflower (seasoned with bottled stir-fry sauce). It was rather tasty and Craig discovered a piece of breaded chicken that looked just like a little duck. We put the duck in sauce (so it looked like he was swimming) and took a picture. Isn't he so cute?



After dinner we hung up some globe lights in the living room. We had white Christmas lights there but one string stopped working (after like 5 years!) so we upgraded to the cool globe lights that we found while browsing in Target. I ended up buying a replacement string of white lights (about $2) and we will put those 2 strings hanging above our front porch for nights that we want to sit in our new screened-in porch and enjoy coversation with friends.





I was going to go to the mall to get my free $20 gift card (thanks to Discover) but it started raining and I decided to stay home. This was the first rain we've had since our screened-in porch has been finished so we went outside to see if the rain was staying out of that area. It was raining hard (with lots of thunder and lightning) and the place was dry. Yeah!

We had Super Fudge Brownie ice cream for dessert. This is one of our favorites. It is made by Blue Bunny and you simply must try it if you like chocolate.

We watched an episode of "House" that we had TiVo'd yesterday. House is such a crazy character, always pushing the limits! He's so opposite of me!

We finished the evening by doing random things on our computers (Craig was playing "Second Life" and I emailed, posted to my blog, etc).

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummm...reading about your chinese food made me hungry! I found the BEST Japanese fast food place in the mall the other day. I've been craving it ever since! I think we're going to have to go there again tonight. Have you been craving things? Also the ice cream you talked about sounds really yummy! I've been craving peanut butter a lot lately. With Cade the only things I craved were mexican food and V8 juice! Hope you're doing well.
Traci

11/17/2006 10:31 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Sweet! We had Japanese fast food this past weekend. The place was really clean and empty (it's new so not well known yet). The flavoring of my meal was to die for! I will definitely go back for more.

I craved fruit ALL the time and mashed or baked potatoes a lot of the time during the 1st trimester. Now I don't seem to crave anything in particular. I've allowed myself to eat some chocolate (mostly Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses) recently and after I taste it I always want more. Oops! Gotta practice self-control now.

11/17/2006 12:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home