This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Friday, November 17, 2006

Chicken Burrito RECIPE

Here is a quick and delicious recipe:

Chicken Burrito Bundles

2 c. chopped cooked chicken
1 (1 1/4 oz) pkg taco seasoning mix
1 (16 oz) can refried beans
6 (8") flour tortillas
1 (8 oz) pkg shredded Cheddar cheese
3 plum tomatoes, diced
1 sm onion, diced
salsa

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place cooked chicken and seasoning mix in a large heavy-duty ziplock bag; seal and shake to coat. Spread beans down center of tortillas. Top with chicken, cheese, tomatoes and onion; roll up tortillas. Wrap each in aluminum foil and place on large cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Serve with salsa. Serves 6.

You can easily tweak this recipe. I made this last night but I didn't have any tomatoes so I just used a 10 oz can of Rotel. Get creative! Let me know what variations you try.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger longspider said...

Ummmm... sound yummy! Will have to try it sometime - I'll let you know how it goes. That reminds me... I promised you that apricot chicken recipe... hold on... OK, found it!

APRICOT CHICKEN
2 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken thighs
1 tbsp cooking oil
2 cups frozen small whole onions, thawed
4 medium carrots, bias-sliced 1/2 inch thick
Salt
Black pepper
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/3 cup low-sugar apricot spread
2 tbsp quick-cooking tapioca, ground if desired
1 to 2 tbsp Dijon-style mustard
1/8 tsp ground allspice
Hot cooked brown rice

1. In a very large skillet brown chicken, half at a tme, in hot oil. (Add more oil, if necessary.) Set aside.

2. In a 3 1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine onions and carrots. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In a small bowl stir together broth, apricot spread, tapioca, mustard, and allspice. Pour over chicken and vegetables in cooker.

3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting 8-9 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-4 1/2 hours. Serve chicken and vegetables with some of the cooking juices. If desired, serve with hot rice.

12/04/2006 11:08 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Yay! Thank you!

12/05/2006 2:09 PM

 
Blogger longspider said...

You're welcome! ;)

12/05/2006 9:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home