This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Teething Too!

It's strange to be teething at the same time as my 1-year-old daughter, but it's true. One of my wisdom teeth is coming in (top left). When I was a child, my teeth came in late so it's not surprising that my wisdom tooth is coming in so late. Since my baby teeth came in late, they also fell out late. The dentist had to remove a couple of the brackets from my braces when I was about 12 so the baby teeth could come out (several were pulled)...and then he put them on the permanent teeth once they were all the way in. I had braces for a long time (more than 4 years) because I got them when I was in 5th grade and still had a few baby teeth.

Anyway, I don't remember if the dentist said I had more wisdom teeth hidden away or not based on my x-rays years ago (seems like there might have been just 2). I sure hope it doesn't cause problems and have to be removed. Seems like it would cause my top teeth to shift and undo the straightening achieved by the braces. Craig has all 4 wisdom teeth in and they have been fine thus far and don't need to be removed, so that gives me hope that mine won't have to be pulled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home