This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Knitting Project - Lacy Neck Cowl

I finished knitting the Fells Point Cowl, my 4th knitting project. I took a 2-session class for it with my friend Rebecca. The only new stitch I learned was how to do "yarn overs", which are really easy. The cowl is made with 85 yards of Mission Falls 1824 Wool (100% merino superwash) so it's machine washable.

I think I'll wear it more often than my scarf because I've never liked all the excess material on scarves that needs to be tucked in my coat or pushed out of the way (especially when playing in the snow). The neck cowl can be pulled up to cover the nose too (something I frequently need to do in cold weather because my nose starts running if it gets just a little bit cold).

I think I will knit a hooded neck cowl sometime...one that can be pulled up to cover my head and ears when I wish for extra warmth. I can use the same pattern for it, I just have to triple the amount of yarn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home