This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Knitting Project - Chunky Socks

I finished knitting 1 of 2 socks, my 3rd knitting project. I had to take a break because I got involved in a class for another knitting project. I know I shouldn't wait too long to knit the 2nd sock though because it could end up being a different size (as my knitting style could change). I took a 3-session class with my friends Rebecca and Amy to learn how to do this. I learned how to knit on double-pointed needles (challenging!) and I learned how to do Kitchener Stitch (to close it up at the toes). Knitting with 4 double-pointed needles is challenging for me. I'm sure once I get more experience it won't be so bad. But boy, did I struggle through the 1st sock!

Here is my Slouchy Slipper Sock (made to be worn around the house, without shoes), made from Araucania Yarns lamb's wool (hand dyed in Chile). It can be dry cleaned or hand washed in cool water.



2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

WOW! I seriously want you to teach me!!!

2/16/2009 11:59 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Oh, I'd love to teach you! I think I'm a great teacher for stuff like that. :) Whenever we get together in the next few months, let's do it!

2/17/2009 12:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home