This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

It was just the 3 of us again for Thanksgiving. I cooked a turkey (my 2nd one ever), green bean casserole, marshmallow sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, crescent rolls and opened a can of jellied cranberry sauce. I bought a 10-lb turkey and thawed it in the fridge 2 days ahead of time, however it needed a little more thawing so I put it in the sink with cold water for an hour or two. Awhile after I filled the left side of the sink with water, I heard dripping and discovered that it was leaking. There was water all under the sink. I immediately drained the sink and filled the right side to put the turkey there. Then I took everything out from under the sink, soaked up all the water with an old towel and but a large bowl under the dripping pipe. It turns out it was dripping from right up under the sink where the grout or whatever holds in the silver drain part in. We don't need to get it fixed right away, as long as we don't fill that side with water. I left a little bowl under there to catch any little drips so I won't have another puddle to clean up.

Anyway, other than that water disaster, the cooking went well and I wasn't stressed about the timing of everything like I was last year. Craig and Alisa slept in past 9:30 AM and I got a lot done while they were sleeping. Alisa had a fever, which we think was from teething, though she was also getting over a cold. She only wanted to eat mashed potatoes on Thanksgiving and yesterday, but she enjoyed all the leftovers today.

Cuddling with Minga:

For days, I had been sneezing whenever I sat in my usual spot on the couch so we decided to pull everything out from behind the couch (photo boxes, folding chairs, tub of blankets, etc) and clean the area really well. During the cleaning, Alisa enjoyed sitting on her extra carseat (the one we use when we fly somewhere) that was in its backpack style carrying case. She wasn't sitting in it the proper way though, because it fell on its back as she climbed on it. (She insisted on wearing her purple Crocs in the house--she loves them!).


Alisa talking to her sheep named Baa Baa:

Carrying Baa Baa while wearing my sheep slippers:


It was so nice to have 2 days off from work, making it a 4-day weekend! I always plan to do major cleaning projects around the house on long weekends, and though I rarely get them done, I'm always so hopeful at the beginning of the weekend. Hey, at least this weekend, I cleaned behind the couch!

On Friday night, I hosted the Movie Club, which is a bi-monthly event with the moms group I help organize. I declared it a pajama night too, so everyone wore their pajamas. Unfortunately, it was raining, so some moms' slippers got wet walking down our driveway. Well, we all had a good time anyway and thoroughly enjoyed the snacks we all brought.

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

What an adorable sheep. Hayden won't take to any animals.....but I never did either. I really like that sheep though, where did you get it?!

2/01/2009 3:40 PM

 
Blogger Renee said...

I got the sheep (and sheep slippers) at Bath & Body Works--ha! They have a little black one and a large white one now too, so you know I also got those for Alisa (haven't given her the large one yet).

She learned the song "Baa Baa Black Sheep" so it was nice to have the black one to show her that sheep can be black too because it seems that all the ones in her books, etc are white.

2/04/2009 1:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home