This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Random Free Drinks

Whenever I hang out at the Starbucks near my house for more than an hour, they happen to offer a free drink at the bar to the first person who goes up to get it. It's always some blended drink that is messed up (meaning, not exactly as the customer ordered so it had to be remade) or just an extra somehow. The first time it was something really tasty but I didn't really consider taking it because I had just finished my drink and was really watching my caloric intake that month. Today, they offered 2 of the same drink and I heard a guy by the bar ask another lady that was standing there if she wanted it. She said no so he said he'd just have to take both home with him. I thought that was a bit selfish since he didn't give anyone else a chance to take it (like me--because I would have taken it this time since I finished my drink hours ago!). I do give him points for at least asking one person though.

Anyway, then the guy spills his water all over the bar and the floor and shouts to an employee that the lid came off when he picked it up. Then he ran out with 3 drinks (the one he ordered and the 2 free ones...he didn't wait for a replacement water and he didn't even pick up the cup that spilled). One of the employees complained to another employee about how he just ran off and didn't even offer to help clean up.

Maybe some day I will be the lucky one to get the free drink. It's a good way to try some drink that I wouldn't normally think of ordering. I hope the guy had someone else waiting at home to give the extra drinks to because if not, then he really shouldn't have taken both of them.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up, you will get your free drink one day soon.

I found your blog because I was doing some research on OneFresh Stir fry, and I saw you did a review for them. It was a cool review, and they are one of my favorite restaurants.

Would you happen to know what happened 7 years ago this week for them? I feel like that's when they first opened, but it feels too obvious.

p.s. check out my blog and feel free to leave your honest opinion. After you get better.

3/02/2009 8:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home