This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Friday, December 26, 2008

New Pizza Stone

I love pizza stones! I bake everything on them (mostly pizza, chicken, french fries, garlic bread, rolls, "pigs in a blanket", cookies and brownie pizza) and nothing ever sticks. Cookies are SO much better when baked on stoneware! The first stone I bought (about 8 years ago) broke when Craig dumped frozen fries on it--it shattered because the stone was hot, as it sat on a hot stovetop (accident). My Pampered Chef consultant at the time replaced the stone for free but it took a couple of weeks to get the new one. It was hard to go even that long without a stone so I decided we should have a backup one in case one breaks again. So....

I recently got a 2nd pizza stone from Pampered Chef. The new one is on the left and the old one is on the right. As you stone lovers know, the old one is WELL seasoned (that's why it's so dark) and something to be envied:

I bought the new one because Pampered Chef was having a 25% off sale on stoneware and the new one has handles:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home