This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Thursday, March 27, 2008

My Car

I took my car into the shop the other day for the 90,000 mile maintenance (a bit late on that scheduled maintenance as my car now has 93,000 miles on it). They always wash my car when I take it there (even for just a quick oil change). However, I always forget that they wash my car since I don't go very often. This time it was a very pleasant surprise as my car REALLY needed to be washed. I had planned on washing it in our driveway days earlier but didn't get around to it. It had a thick coating of yellow pollen and tree junk all over it, as well as the typical dirt and bird droppings.

Oh, speaking of my car...on my way home from church Sunday I decided to stop by the park to see what time the city Easter egg hunt started. I could see the roped off areas but the place was deserted. I parked and got out of my car to go read the signs that had been hung by some trees. I got back in the car and backed up to leave. I was thinking deep thoughts or something and didn't totally look behind me as usual. I ended up backing into a tree! What was a tree doing at that part of the parking lot?! The crunch was horrendous even though I was barely moving. I thought for sure the trunk was all dented in, making it hard to open. I parked and got out to look. Luckily, no one was around to see my carelessness. I was surprised to see that there weren't any dents...just some scratches and a bit of paint scraped off of the lower left side of the bumper. If you step back, it just looks like it's dusty (white dusty, like from a gravel road). Whew.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home