This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Toenail Drama and Blueberries

Today I went to pick Alisa up out of her crib when I jammed my toe on the drawer under her crib. I wasn't rushing and didn't seem to kick the drawer very hard but a lot of my big toenail ripped off. It wasn't ripped all the way off though...it was hanging on by a thread. It looked awful and was torn all jagged and in layers in some places, but my toe didn't bleed or anything. I was mostly upset by the fact that now I'm in danger of getting an ingrown toenail as it grows out. I had problems with ingrown toenails in college because I kept clipping my toenails too short (mostly the big toenails). It got so bad one time that I had to soak my feet several times a day and put ointment on my toe where puss was coming out. It hurt all the time--even more when wearing shoes or when walking. If I bumped my toe or if someone stepped on it, I would really scream and be in a lot of pain for a long time. It was horrible, but eventually (after many many months) it healed itself. I've had reoccuring trouble with various toes, but nothing as bad as that time in college.

You know how most people think of tomatoes as a vegetable but they are really fruits? Last night I dreamt that blueberries were redefined as vegetables. Weird. I probably dreamt about blueberries because I just read that kids under age 3 should not be given whole blueberries because they are a choking hazard (you just have to mash or cut them up).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home