This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Wockenfuss

On Valentine's Day, Craig told me he wanted to buy me a box of Wockenfuss chocolates. He said he would have bought them secretly and surprised me on that day, but he didn't want to get the wrong kind so he told me I could choose the assortment I wanted. I chose all the creams, except coconut...so that means I got raspberry, lemon, orange, buttercream, chocolate, peanut butter and mint. Some are covered in milk chocolate and some in dark chocolate. Perfect!





It was actually better this way because I had the fun of choosing the chocolates and then anticipating their arrival in the mail. There is a lot of joy and excitment for me in the anticipation of events, special days and things arriving in the mail. It was also a loving act for Craig to even buy me chocolates because he doesn't like me to eat a lot of sweets since they are bad for me. Still, he knew how much it would mean to me and since I only eat 2 at the most per day, it's not too bad.

The Wockenfuss Candy Co is in Baltimore, Maryland which is where my mom grew up. We used to visit there every other summer. Every year at Christmas, someone in our family out there (usually Pop-Pop, my mom's dad) sends my parents a box of Wockenfuss candies for us to enjoy as a family. We LOVE the tradition and LOVE the candies. I was excited to have my very own box to enjoy. Of course, Craig can have some too, but he rarely wants one because they are so sweet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

I want these.....so bad.

3/18/2008 5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home