This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Hassle with Bananas

I went to Wal-Mart this afternoon with Alisa. I had 18 items in my cart so I got in the checkout line for 20 items or less. The girl had scanned all my items except the bananas (which aren't scanned anyway). When trying to ring up the bananas she kept getting an error that said the scale wasn't attached. She pushed a few buttons and jiggled the scale but she couldn't ring them up. She called for help and the lady that monitors the self-checkout lanes came over. She tried to ring up the bananas and got the same error so she said I had to go to another register because that scale was messed up. I asked if that meant all my items had to be scanned again and re-bagged at a new register or if they could pull up my transaction on their system and finish with just the bananas. I was remembering the time when someone had pulled up my transaction recently at a different Wal-Mart when I left my wallet in the diaper bag in the car. She didn't really give me a clear answer...just said something like it's my choice...that I could forget the bananas or go to another register. I was kinda surprised they didn't just dismiss the error and throw the bananas in for free. Anyway, I asked the question again but she didn't directly answer it so I said I would pay for everything that was already scanned and then I'd take the bananas and ring them up myself at a self-checkout lane, which was one lane over.

I had to wait on a lady to finish her transaction at the self-checkout lane. Alisa started crying because she saw me take a credit card out of my wallet and she wanted to hold it. It was almost naptime and she's more dramatic when tired. She was crying very loudly and tears were streaming down her cheeks. I wouldn't let her hold the credit card though. I tried to get her interested in her toys or the paper I had given to her earlier to hold but she only wanted the credit card. I had to just tell her no and let her scream. I was not about to take her out of her seat to calm her down because the lady would be finished in just a minute. I quickly rang up the bananas which were 97 cents. All that extra hassle for 97 cent bananas! Geez. Alisa loves bananas though and wants them nearly every morning for breakfast. She actually wanted them as soon as she saw me put them in the cart so I had to distract her and hide them (they aren't ripe yet). Alisa fell sound asleep in the car as soon as we left, but her crying was still ringing in my ears. Not a good way to end a shopping trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home