This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Friday, December 28, 2007

Tulsa Ice Storm

We are in Tulsa, Oklahoma right now for the holidays and the week before we arrived there was a crazy ice storm in Tulsa. Many thousands of people were without electricity for at least several days. Dozens of utility trucks drove in from nearby states to help work around the clock to get the power restored to homes and businesses. And many tree-trimming businesses came from other states to help trim trees and remove broken branches. My parents were without power all week...it was restored 2 days before we arrived.

(You can click on each picture below for a closer look)

My uncle Don took these pictures of the ice covered trees:



The trees were so covered in thick ice that many broke apart like this (even the really big trunks!):


Most homes had large piles of branches like this out front all week waiting for the yard waste removal trucks to come by and take them:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home