This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Maclay Gardens

We went to Maclay Gardens with Craig's mom, aunt and grandfather when they visited us in April. It is 5 minutes from our house but we had never been before (you have to pay to get in). We decided to go with them even though we missed the good time for the azaleas (there are a ton of them at the park). We walked and pushed the stroller around for a couple of hours and then I nursed Alisa in a gazebo by the lake there (first time to nurse in public--she was 2 weeks old).

Main path with plenty of Spanish Moss in the trees:





Fallen tree:



I walked up the tree to see what I could see:



Craig in smaller garden:



Century Plant which is said to bloom only once a century:



Pool just outside the smaller garden:



Japanese Maple along the path:



Manmade pond (I love the colors in these next few):









Beautiful iris near the lake:



The lake:

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger longspider said...

Gorgeous photos, Renee! I LOVE Spanish Moss - and that Japanese Maple is amazing... Can't wait to come down there and see you guys and the sights! :) Thanks for great and encouraging comments on own blog recently too ;)

7/05/2007 12:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home