This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Knitting Project - Scarf

I finally finished my first knitting project! I wasn't really in a hurry to finish it once I got going because I didn't know what I wanted to knit next. I mostly only worked on it for a couple hours each week when I met up with some other moms at a coffee shop so it took me 3 months to finish.

Here's my scarf, made from 60% Merino Wool, 20% Alpaca & 20% Silk (spun in Peru):




"Blocking" the completed scarf to keep the edges from curling up involves simply wetting it and pinning it down on foam board while it dries for a couple of days:

I have started my next project, which is a hat for Alisa. I wasn't able to take the hat class at the local yarn shop but I got the pattern from a friend who took the class and she is giving me pointers. It is certainly different knitting "in the round" so I'll let you know how it turns out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Umm will you come to Birmingham and TEACH ME! I want to learn....

Umm Hayden just dumped a bag of cereal onto the floor.....the whole bag.....

11/01/2008 9:41 AM

 
Blogger BrideOfPorkins said...

Nice! That's impressive for a first project, I tried to crochet a scarf once and it somehow ended up doll-size. :)

11/02/2008 4:51 PM

 
Blogger beckim82 said...

I love these pics of you wearing your creation. Reminds me of when I used to actually finish projects, and how happy I'd be. I think I'll take a break from that damn blanket and do something quick and fun at the coffee shop this week!

11/03/2008 10:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home