This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Assistant Organizer of Local Mom's Group

I joined a local Moms' group in April this year, a week after Alisa turned one. I would have joined sooner if I had known about it. Anyway, I made a lot of new friends and happened to meet some of the assistant organizers at the first few meetups I went to (book club meeting, scrapbooking night and a Mom's Night Out). At the end of September, when an assistant organizer (AO) moved to another state and another one stepped down for personal reasons, my AO friend asked if I wanted to be one too. I gladly said yes.

My main job is to schedule events for the calendar. I also can approve (or deny) new members, respond to message board posts, email members and check the main email account. I've been having a blast so far. October was a busy month with lots of fall festivals around town. I'm sure the rest of the year will be busy too with holiday events.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home