This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Restaurants Closing

What's going on? My favorite restaurants that are close to my house keep disappearing! It actually started over a year ago when Smokey Bones suddenly shut down (it was a recent discovery for us and we were looking forward to going back since it was just outside our neighborhood). Last week, I noticed that the nearby KFC is closed and boarded up. I love getting their Potato Bowl Combo from time to time. It is all my favorite stuff from there--mashed potatoes and gravy topped with corn topped with fried boneless chicken bites topped with shredded cheese! You can also get the version with a biscuit (another of my favorite items from there).

Tonight, I went out to rent a movie and then pick up some dinners from Boston Market on my way home. The Boston Market is just across the street from the north entrance to our neighborhood. Since I was coming from the Blockbuster in the south, I turned into the parking lot by Friday's and Steak 'N Shake to cut through to go to Boston Market. I was upset when I saw road blocks between the Steak 'N Shake and Boston Market but I figured I'd just park and walk over. Then, my mouth dropped open as I noticed that the Boston Market wasn't even there anymore! It was a pile of rubble! They totally knocked it down! A bulldozer was still parked there. WHAT?! I had no idea that was coming! What happened?! I love their food! I hate it when I'm craving something and looking forward to getting it but then I am denied in such a horribly shocking way!

Man, they better not take away the Taco Bell or Wendy's that are near my neighborhood! Those are my cheap-meal favorites. Speaking of Wendy's, the 2 that I've been to here play Christian music (not sure about the other locations here). I find that unusal since there aren't many restaurants that do that anywhere.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of businesses closing that I like, Scrapbook Market is closing forever. Their closing sale began last week. I heard it was total madness the first few days as ladies waited in line for hours to check out and store employees worked until midnight (several hours past the normal closing time). When I went at 2 PM days later, it wasn't crowded and I didn't have to wait in line to check out. You just gotta avoid the lunch and after-work rush if you can. Now, I will have to buy scrapbooking supplies at places that don't have as big of a selection, like Target and Michael's.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger BrideOfPorkins said...

Oy vey, I don't know what's going on, our grocery stores keep closing, we're down to a deli that expanded after the last supermarket turned into a Walgreen's. The official excuse I keep hearing is that the rents are too high. *sigh*

I hope we'll always have Wendy's, they've got good fries.

9/26/2008 2:49 AM

 
Blogger Renee said...

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that we've had several grocery stores close too. Albertson's is totally gone now.

9/26/2008 9:49 PM

 
Blogger princess granola said...

but albertson's is going to be a publix greenwise market now. so at least that's one less empty building.

we just keep going to our favorite places as much as possible in hopes they won't close. i think i would die if bagelheads ever closed.

and the christian music thing seems to be a southern thing- well mainly tallahassee actually and south georgia from what i've heard.

10/02/2008 7:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home