This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Haircut

I got my hair cut today. I'd been thinking about it for awhile but hadn't taken any action (deciding where to get it cut). My friend Sheryl came to visit this week and before I even said anything about wanting to get my hair cut, she said I should get my hair cut and explained what style she thought I should get. My mouth dropped open because it was exactly the same style I'd been thinking about getting. She wanted me to get it cut while she was in town, but we were busy until Saturday, then we had plans to go to Destin for 2 nights and then she would be leaving the day after we got back. So, Saturday was our only free day so we had to find a walk-in place. Most of them were too busy, already closed (it was 3 or 4 PM) or expensive ($40+) so we ended up going to SuperCuts. I was a little nervous about going there because it's so cheap ($12) that it makes me think the hair stylists aren't as experienced. The lady that cut my hair was excited when I told her I wanted a short bob that was longer in the front because it is her favorite style to cut. I wasn't able to see much while she was cutting my hair because I wasn't wearing my contacts and had to take my glasses off. She didn't get the part right about my hair being longer in the front with a gradual slope to the back (even though I reminded her halfway through), but it still looks good. When we got home, Sheryl wanted to restyle it (the hair stylist didn't do much of that for the $12 price) and that was when we realized that it wasn't even on the sides (even after the lady and I had talked and agreed that she should part it down the middle while cutting so that I could part my hair on either side later without it being so uneven!). Oh well, it's not too noticeable to the average passerby. It could be worse.

Before (with Sheryl):


After (we didn't get a focused picture of the back, but you get the idea):


2 Comments:

Blogger BrideOfPorkins said...

Hairstylist troubles aside, you look phenomenal with that haircut!

Va va voom! ;)

9/26/2008 2:40 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shamoakin!

9/26/2008 3:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home