This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Date Night

Craig and I have been going on a date every other week for a few months now. We hired a couple of sitters from the highly recommended and certified Seminole Sitters LLC and have been very happy with them. We have been going to dinner and a movie each time since we haven't been able to go to the theater much at all since Alisa was born (we are behind in our movie watching). We've used a few gift cards and free movie tickets but even with some of those, we won't be able to keep it up much longer because it makes for an expensive night when you add in the sitter expense too. Now that the weather is cooler, we can do cheaper dates like take a picnic dinner to a park and skip a movie.

I ate at Logan's Roadhouse for the first time tonight and it was wonderful (Craig had eaten there before). We didn't have to wait long for a table (it was only a Tuesday night, after all), the place wasn't too loud and the food was excellent. Craig and I ordered the Monday/Tuesday special "2 Meals for $14.99". The teriyaki chicken breasts I ordered were so nice and juicy, the sweet potato was delicious and stayed hot for a long time, the mashed potatoes were yummy, the free yeast rolls were awesome and throwing peanut shells on the floor was fun. We both ordered dessert because they had some very tempting "Mini Buckets" for only $1.99. We each got the Nutter Butter Fudgeslide which is chilled chocolate mousse, fudge & Nutter Butter topping with a crunchy peanut cookie. Oh it was sooooo good and just the right amount! I wish more restaurants would offer smaller desserts for half the price like that because usually Craig doesn't want the dessert I choose (the rare times that I order dessert) and the portions are too large for me to eat it all at once without guilt or feeling sick from the richness and high amount of calories. I will definitely be going back to Logan's Roadhouse soon. I just went to their website and signed up for their club so I'll get free stuff via email (starting with my birthday, which is coming up).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home