This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Book Club

In April, I joined the local Meetup.com moms club. My first event to attend was a playground playgroup with Alisa where I met a few other moms. My second event was the book club's first meeting. We met at Borders and 5 moms showed up, which is a good sized group for discussions. We sat outside because the weather was nice and introduced ourselves (2 of us were new and the other 3 already knew each other). We offered suggestions of what books we should read then chose the books for the first 3 months and set the dates for the meetings. For the second meeting, there were 6 of us and we met at Borders again and discussed the first book we had read. We all said what we thought of it and then just talked about other things and got food and drinks. For the third meeting, we met for dinner at a restaurant. There were only 3 of us but we had a great time and mostly talked about our kids (which is always entertaining).

I've never been part of a book club before. This one has given me the motivation I need to get back to reading for pleasure again (at least 1 book a month). Even though we don't actually discuss the book for very long, I still like being part of the club. It's nice to know your friends are reading the same book at the same time as you. And it's nice to get together at least once a month for a moms night out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home