This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Saturday, February 09, 2008

Mom's Day Out

We moms from the monthly playgroup that I take Alisa to had our first Mom's Day Out today. We met at a nail salon for a pedicure and only 4 of us actually showed up. It was my 1st pedicure and it was nice. I chose the paraffin wax as an extra to the basic pedicure. After trimming my toenails and buffing all the rough spots on my feet (which kinda tickled), the lady massaged my feet and legs (up to the knee) with oils. That felt sooooo good. Then she dipped my feet in the hot wax several times, wrapped them in plastic bags and let them dry while I had hot towels wrapped around my legs. She came back awhile later and peeled off the soft wax. She completed the pedicure by painting my toenails a pinkish red color I had picked out. I haven't had my toenails painted since college or shortly after so it's weird seeing them like this again.

We ate lunch at a restaurant called Chez Pierre. The weather was gorgeous so we ate on the deck by the fountain. It was peaceful and we were the only ones out there for a long time. We talked about our babies (of course), husbands/boyfriends and jobs. The best part was when we told each other our quirks/obsessive compulsive tendencies. We laughed so much.

Afterwards, one girl had to take lunch to her husband at work but the rest of us picked up our babies from our homes and went to a playground. It was Alisa's first time at a playground. She wasn't fond of the swings but the other moms said their babies weren't fond the first time they were in a swing, but now they love them. Alisa loved sitting on and trying to climb up the slide. She played with the mulch that covered the ground but didn't put any of it in her mouth, which was surprising and great. She enjoyed watching the big kids run around and play. She kept screeching at them while smiling and one time got everyone's attention.

I stopped by Wal-Mart on the way home. Alisa had fallen asleep in the car so I put the baby seat on the shopping cart so she would stay asleep. After I had filled the cart, I did the self checkout and then realized that I had left my wallet in diaper bag in car. I pushed the Help button and when the lady came over I told her what happened. There were people in line behind me so she suspended the transaction to free up that station and said I could pay at her station when I came back with my wallet. I left the cart full of groceries there and carried Alisa in her seat all the way out to my car. I was mad at myself and did not enjoy the walk. Alisa is getting heavy and it's harder to carry her in her seat now (hurts my upper back and shoulders just thinking about it). I could have grabbed another cart and pushed her out in that but I didn't think of it in time. I walked quickly because she was heavy and my ice cream was melting so then my legs were tired. Oh well, I survived. That experience should help me to remember to check my purse for my wallet before going inside next time.

I took Alisa and the groceries home and then went out by myself for a snack and to run a few other errands. I got my favorite cold drink at Panera Bread and by the time I walked out of there it was packed with an early dinner crowd. I just took it to my car and drank some while reading a book, rather than taking up a table for just me. While I was sitting there, a girl got in the car next to me and commented to her friend that my car looked like it had been riddled with bullets. She didn't see me sitting there. My car still has hail damage all over it from the 2004 storm in Tulsa so that's what she was talking about. I hardly even notice it these days.

1 Comments:

Blogger Courtney said...

Sounded like a great day minus the waller thing and the stupid girl who doesn't look before she speaks!!

Hey I wonder if there is anywhere we can meet up halfway one day....if its only 5 hours, I can drive 2.5 for a day of fun!

2/15/2008 1:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home