This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

St George Island

The 3rd day after we moved to Florida, we decided to check out a nearby beach. We drove about an hour and a half with my parents to St George Island. Here are some pics from that trip on August 1st:

It was a nice empty beach!


We meant to go back again soon after, but it didn't happen (because of my pregnancy sickness) until this past Sunday. It was too cold to swim, but we went just to walk the beach and introduce Minga to the sand and waves. She absolutely loved it. Our friends Keith & Karen came with us and brought their dog Devin. They just got her a few weeks ago so they are still working on some commands with her. They kept her on the leash (as you are supposed to there) because when she runs off it's hard to get her to come back. We let Minga off her leash so she could fetch sticks in the ocean. She obeyed us pretty well and only got the 4 of us wet and sandy (she didn't jump on the strangers passing by which is impressive).


My big belly's first beach appearance:

Keith and Devin:

Craig looks at Keith before throwing the stick for Minga to fetch:

Minga bringing the stick back to shore:

I love the pattern of the waterdrops coming from Minga's swooshing tail:


Minga rinsing off the sand and salt before heading home:


We watched this powered paraglider zoom around for a bit over our heads:



I was impressed with how clean the bathroom was...it's the building on the left in the background:


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger BrideOfPorkins said...

I'm a teeny bit envious of how well Minga behaves for you guys, but I truly admire your training skills. I can't even get my girl in from the backyard tonight, LOL.

Great photos--the one with the water swirling off Minga's tail was a great catch.

I love reading all your updates!

2/19/2007 1:08 AM

 
Blogger longspider said...

Beautiful beach pics! Minga has gotten so big and appaerently well behaved... can't believe how close you are getting to baby being here! How's she doing - and her Momma - by the way?

3/07/2007 9:16 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home