This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Master Bedroom Furniture Pics

I've been promising pictures of our new bedroom set for many months now. They are finally here!

We ordered the set from a raw wood store down the street from our house so it is quality stuff and we will have it forever. We had them put the finishing on and deliver everything. The finish smelled so good and made our whole room smell like vanilla for at least a week. Yum! The set includes the bed (with headboard and footboard), 2 matching nightstands, a man's dresser and a woman's dresser with mirror.

We picked this bed because of the many drawers underneath it. The bed is really tall because of these drawers though and I may need a step stool soon to safely get into bed with my big pregnant belly (so far it's been fine). At least Minga can't jump up on the bed because it's so stinkin' tall. Oh, another reason it's so tall is because our pillow top mattress is really really deep. It has a pillow top on both sides so you can flip it to either side and still enjoy the pillow top (it's super comfy!). So, the new bed replaced the box spring and frame of our old bed setup. We put them upstairs underneath our super thick air mattress so it would seem more like a bed for guests.



There are 6 drawers on my side of the bed...



...and 3 really deep drawers on Craig's side.



Craig has his own dresser and I have my own dresser. It's a nice change from sharing a small dresser and only having 2 drawers each. My dresser is so large I have a drawer for each type of clothing...a small drawer for socks, a small drawer for underwear, a small drawer for bras, a large drawer for jeans, a large drawer for workout pants, etc. It's so great!

Minga sleeps by the dressers on either of her beds. The small one is her first bed that we bought when we got her at 6 weeks old. We bought her a bigger bed months ago since she outgrew her small bed. However, she still sleeps on the small one most of the time. She just curls up in a little ball to make it work. It's cute. She also plays with that little bed on occasion. It has held up very well.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home