This is my site where I will be sharing my thoughts, feelings and happenings. In the words of Austin Powers, "It's my happening, baby, and it freaks me out...yeah!" Enjoy!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Seed Feast

The tree by our balcony attracts birds and squirrels, but we can't always see them very well because of the leaves. So, we bought a 25 lb bag of wild bird feed and put some in one of Craig's pots on top of the 55-gallon drum on our balcony (the water-tight drum was used to ship one of Craig's pots from Key Largo, Florida to the Oklahoma Aquarium).

The birds and squirrels love the seeds, of course. It's fun to watch them gather 'round. I don't know much about birds so I can't tell you all the kinds that have come just in one day, but I know there are several. I can tell you that cardinals and bluejays dine at our place (those are easy to identify). The other birds are intimidated by the bluejays so whenever the bluejays arrive, they get the spot all to themselves.



















Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home